Monday, June 18, 2012

Sew Busy!

I have been SEW busy lately!

I'm really, really trying to finish up some UFOs before beginning any new projects, but it's hard to stay focused on current projects. Every time I walk into a quilt shop or go to a quilting demo, I see something new that I desperately want to try and have to remind myself I already have a zillion projects in the works.

Some progress has been made though. I have hemmed about a dozen T-shirts, blouses and pants for my mom; practiced some trapunto quilting; used the Cutwork tool to create a flannel rag quilt block; practiced some free motion quilting; worked on two more embroidered Christmas blocks; and made some quick receiving blankets. I also took a Lemoyne Star class from the local quilt shop and have started making a cute wallhanging from the pattern that came with the ruler.

Earlier this year I participated in a jelly roll race and made a flannel quilt top out of jelly roll strips. This weekend I decided that instead of making one large quilt top, I would cut it up into 12-1/2 inch blocks and make smaller baby quilts. So far, I've got two quilt tops made and I think this week I'll cut up the rest of the original quilt top. This time, however, I think I'll make some wonky blocks instead of traditional blocks by twisting my ruler a little so that they're all tilted. I think it will be cute.

This year I joined a group that meets every month and we are making quilt blocks from two different books. I have finished all the blocks (there were only six) from one book and am halfway through the blocks I want to make from the other book.

Will post pictures soon as well as more updates on my progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment