Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Crazy Quilt Blocks

As always, this has been a crazy, busy month. I fixed the super hero capes that I made for Christmas so that they fit the boys better. Then I created some crazy quilt blocks for a round robin and some quilt sandwiches for FMQ practice.

My portion of work on two crazy quilt blocks is completed. Years ago I did hand embroidery and only just last year started it again. Needless to say, I don't feel that my stitching is up to par with many others in the group, but we all have to start (or begin again) somewhere so I jumped in with both feet and am doing my best.



I've been collecting different threads, ribbons, and other embellishments whenever I see them in local stores and trying out new stitches and new techniques.

Working with very narrow silk ribbon is something I really want to get better at so I am practicing every chance I have. In my stitching library at home, I have some how-to hand embroidery stitching books from years ago and there is a ton of online tutorials and information which I find absolutely invaluable. Thanks to everyone who contributes their time and talents online so that we can all learn and feel more confident in our skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment