Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Have Everything I Need Now

I created this blog so that I could share my stories about using my new embroidery machine. Having never owned one before, I thought it would be interesting to write about and share pictures as I learn all about machine embroidery.

Not very far into this journey, I was able to attend a hands-on embroidery seminar and for the very first time, was able to try using a serger. Well, once I used it, I couldn't figure out in my whole life I have been able to sew without a serger. It is a fantastic machine!

I've made clothing, home dec items, quilts, costumes, wedding veils, and so many other things - all without a serger. So I decided to start asking around and doing some online research into sergers to find out more about these machines.

For years, I was afraid of sergers - everyone who had one complained about how sergers are difficult and hard to use. That was enough for me. I didn't want that headache and figured I was doing just fine without one.

That opinion changed earlier this year. After all my research, I decided to go with a Baby Lock. I picked it up this week and haven't even had a chance to take it out of the box but I have cleared a special spot for it in my sewing room and am about to embark on yet another sewing adventure.

More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment